The Columbia Community Band is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Music Director. The Columbia Community Band, one of the Midwest's premier symphonic concert bands, was founded in 1981. The band offers membership to professional and non-professional musicians from all across the Mid-Missouri community. Performances include classical, contemporary, and festive pieces in a wide variety of community venues. More information about the band can be found the band’s website: http://www.ccbonline.org
- The Music Director shall have sole authority to make all decisions on matters of music and performance.
- The Music Director shall arrange the provision of all music to be performed by the band and make arrangements for rehearsals.
- The Music Director shall have sole authority to decide the time, place and location of performances.
- Degree in music and/or music education
- Previous successful experience in conducting and directing musical ensembles.
- Use the online application (Google Form: ) and be prepared to upload: (1) a detailed letter of application, and (2) a resume.
- These materials should be prepared and uploaded as individual electronic files (.doc, .docx, or .pdf).
- No other materials should be submitted at this time.
- Applicants may contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Adam Matejek ([email protected]), or President of the Board of Directors, Terry Fetterly ([email protected]).
The deadline to submit applications and materials will be 11:59pm, April 5, 2020. No applications submitted after that time will be considered. Applications may be edited up until that time.
Use the link below to apply: